The Timothy J. Burvid Ice Rink, now known as Cazenovia Rink, in South Buffalo, New York, was an outdoor rink before the current building was constructed around the rink in the 1970s. Hasek’s Heroes took over operation of the rink in 2011.
In addition to hosting the Hasek’s Heroes and Skate & Shoot programs, Cazenovia Rink also offers public skating times as well as open ice time for various rental opportunities (private or birthday party rentals).
The rink is also home to the Cazenovia Chiefs Youth Hockey Organization, Timon High School hockey team, local travel organizations, and adult league games.
Cazenovia Rink features many amenities, including:
- one regulation-size rink
- self-contained locker rooms featuring showers and bathrooms
(and separate locker room for female players)
- referee room
- free Wi-Fi
- full-service snack bar
- televisions with cable for viewing sporting events
- rental skates
- heated upstairs viewing area
- pro shop that stocks player essentials, such as tape, mouth guards, laces, etc.
- skate sharpening (coming soon)
In the summer months, whenever the rink shuts down, Hasek’s Heroes offers indoor lacrosse, roller hockey and street hockey to area groups through its “sport court.”